May – June Training Notes:
- All Named conditioning pieces as well as Max Effort Pieces will occur on a 12-16 week basis so make sure your athletes log their results
- This Block we will retest the Front Box Squat, Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean as well the Push Press.
- Speed work is about moving the barbell efficiently. Don’t sacrifice bar speed for loading.
- Athletes should try to improve their Front Box Squat this block by 10-20#s.
- This block we will perform so heavier lifting between 2 weeks of box squats. This are not meant to be “max effort”, but more of a chance to get comfortable with some heavier loads
- Extra Credit work is vital for overall health of your athletes so encourage those that have time to perform this work after class. This work should not take longer than 5-10:00.
- We will spend two weeks focusing on the Hang Power Snatch below the knee. This movement starts by deadlifting the bar to the hip then lowering below the knee to start position.
Max Effort Lower
- Front Box Squat Retest from Month 1
- Squat Clean + Jerk (continued from last block)
- Power Snatch Cluster
- Conventional Touch n Go Deadlift
- Back Squat up to 85-90% x 3
- Heavy Sledpush or Sumo Stance RDL
- Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean Retest from Month 1
Max Effort Upper
- Weighted Pull-ups
- Medium Grip Bench Press
- Push Press
Dynamic Effort Lower
- Wide Stance Box Squat x 2 weeks
Dynamic Effort Upper
- Hang Power Snatch Below the Knee x 2 weeks
- Eddie Murphy
- Cold Wind Blow
- Run Forrest
- Patty Cake
- Backhand Retest from Month 1
- AMRAP GI Jane